QUEENS GYMNASTICS FITNESS FOR TEENAGER
Every day we pick up the paper and read an article or hear a story on the news about the need to increase fitness opportunities for America’s youth. We are constantly reminded of the challenges that our youth face fighting the sedentary lifestyle that is a consequence of computers, video games, TV and other technologies.
The program is not about teaching gymnastics skills; it is about gymnastics clubs helping kids increase their flexibility, strength and endurance, as well as learn about the importance of a well-balanced diet.
A gymnastics club is like a fitness center for kids—a safe place where they participate in fun and entertaining activities that serve as the beginning of healthy lifestyle habits that will last for a lifetime.
What: The queens gymnastics is a fitness initiative that encourages physical fitness through fun activities with an emphasis on strength training, cardiovascular exercise, flexibility and good nutrition.
Who: The queens gymnastics is geared toward teenagers in junior high school & high school with no previous gymnastics experience. This program reflects activities and timelines recommended by Physical Education Fundamentals course and program. It also features exercises for beginner, intermediate and advanced students, as well as preschool children.
- Today’s children are considered the most inactive generation in history.
- Approximately one in five kids is overweight, a percentage that has more than doubled in the last 30 years. Childhood obesity is considered the most common nutritional disorder of U.S. children. (American Obesity Association)
- Obese children and adolescents are more likely to become obese as adults. One study found that approximately 80 percent of children who were overweight at 10-15 years old were obese adults at age 25. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Forest Hills Rhythmic Gymnastics club is a fun and safe environment and already have fitness-related activities and classes.
- The basics of gymnastics provide a solid foundation for becoming physically fit and preparing to participate in other activities and sports.
Our gymnastic programs are for girls who: love music and dance, thrive on creativity and want to have fun while developing important skills.
Our programs are for parents who wishes to see their daughters beautiful, healthy & strong.
Did you know that rhythmic gymnastics has many physical and psychological benefits?
- Develop poise, balance & rhythm
- Correct your posture
- Memory (kinetic, visual and auditory)
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Time management
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strength (physical, kinetic and dynamic)
- Flexibility (active and passive)
- Choreographic skills (ballet and dance)
- Fitness (endurance, dynamic and kinetic)
- Healthy life
- Perseverance and will power
- Love and passion for sports as way of life
- Artistic sensitivity and expression
- Sportsmanship and competitiveness
For any assistance please call: 718-813-1700 or
Queens Gymnastics of Forest Hills is inviting girls into the world of rhythmic gymnastics – the most beautiful, graceful, and expressive sport! Rhythmic gymnastics, complex strengths exercises are combined with apparatus handling and various forms of dance, developing rhythm and musicality.
As well as Queens Gymnastics teaches the girls to learn about life skills such as working hard, setting and achieving goals, willpower, strengths of character, time management, and respect for coaches and teammates. ......CLICK TO READ MORE!